I LOVE monogramming! Growing up, my mom used to monogram my clothes, pillows, backpacks and just about anything else she could dream up! For awhile, she even had her own puffy paint business — she made adorable outfits with rhinestones, tule and bows and her signature move was to put the child’s name on each and every handmade item!
Now I am just as big of a monogram addict as my mom is! I truly believe that monogramming makes EVERYTHING more fun! Many stores, such as Pottery Barn Kids, now offer monogramming services on some of their products for an extra charge. This extra touch makes the items personal and unique.
If you live in the South Bay and you like monogramming, there is one store you will definitely want to visit. The Monogramm Shoppe in Redondo Beach is run by monogramming experts Karyn and Michelle. The store has been around for nearly 12 years and these two sisters know everything there is to know about monogramming. Their store is filled with items to personalize and if you buy the items in their store, monogramming is free of charge! However, Karyn and Michelle can monogram just about anything! You can bring any item into the store and Karyn and Michelle will help give it that extra flair by putting initals, a name, or anything you can imagine on it.
You may be able to find other shops that monogram, but Karyn and Michelle pride themselves on the high quality of their work. They are creative with their styles and locations of monogramming and are always exploring new designs that will turn an item from drab to fab! These ladies can turn a picture of a logo into a monogram and, while they have the ability to make a large quantity of items, they enjoy creating that one special item just for you (i.e. no minimum quantity requirements). They also have an impressive variety of font and thread colors to choose from that will complement any item!
Want to monogram something, but not sure where to begin? Here are just a few ideas of some of my favorite items!
- Home (pillow cases, lamp shades, sheets)
- Bath Items (bath towels, bath robes, hand towels)
- Clothing (dresses, sweatshirts, t-shirts, leggings)
- Travel Bags (wallets, toiletry bags, luggage, make up bags, canvas carry on bags, travel jewelry rolls)
- School items (backpacks, lunch boxes)
- Baby gifts (baby blankets, swaddles, “lovies,” bloomers, onesies, hats, hooded towels)
- For Men (golf club covers, tennis bag cases)
- For Your Business (t-shirts, sweatshirts, canvas bags) — The Pier to Peer Girls will soon be rocking new sweatshirts with our logo on the sleeves!
- Holiday Season (stockings, gloves, cloth holiday countdown calendars)
EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT FOR PIER TO PEER READERS!!!
From now until the end of January, The Monogram Shoppe is offering 50% off these gorgeous baby blankets with free monogramming (Regularly $42)! They make perfect holiday and baby gifts! To take advantage of this offer call or go into the The Monogram Shoppe, mention Pier to Peer, and place your order today!!!
[This is not a sponsored article. I just really love The Monogram Shoppe!]