I LOVE Tortilla Soup! Here’s a quick, healthy and easy recipe that you will love!!
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1 28-oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 15 oz container of canned corn
- 2 32 fl oz containers of chicken broth
- 2 15 oz cans of black beans
- 2 16 oz containers of salsa (I use Trader Joe’s Chunky Salsa)
- 5 sprigs of cilantro
- 1 chopped bag of microwavable brown rice (I use Trader Joe’s Organic Brown Rice)
- Tortilla chips
- Shredded Cheese
- Shred the rotisserie chicken.
- Strain and rinse the black beans.
- In a stock pot, add the tomatoes, corn, chicken broth, black beans, chopped cilantro, and salsa.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for one hour.
- Add microwaved brown rice to the pot.
- Simmer 10 more minutes.
*Top with tortilla chips, avocado and shredded cheese! Serve with Quesadillas, rolls and/or salad!
My picky eaters won’t eat the tortilla soup (if they only knew what they were missing!) So today I set aside some of the ingredients above and made them a simple chicken soup with noodles, chicken broth, shredded chicken and carrots! Yum!
- Garlic Salt
- Lime Juice
- Mash avocados in a bowl
- Add garlic salt and lime juice to taste