I have spent the last several weeks thinking about and planning out a fun-filled Summer for my children. But, with all of their activities to look forward too, I started to think about what I want to do this Summer too. So, I am starting my own annual Summer “To-Do’s” and I’m already giddy over the end of the school year!
- Take a private boat cruise with friends
- Repaint Ella’s room
- Read 5 books…just started Fifty Shades of Grey. Yes, I admit it.
- Take a weekend getaway with hubby
- Celebrate 30th birthday
- Celebrate Ella’s 5th birthday (Checkout her beach party from last year here)
- Family picnic on the beach (as often as possible!)
- Fix-up bikes from Grandpa Ron and go on a family bike ride along the Strand
- Go to Disneyland as a family
- Hike in Palos Verdes with the kids
- Host several Summer BBQ’s or game nights
- Master a summer signature cocktail (Here is one from Ortega 120!)
- Take evening walks after dinner with the kids and our pooches
- Attend a concert with Hubs
- Learn to BBQ on my own
- Make a Summer playlist to listen to rather than having the TV on while cooking
Last night our neighborhood had a spontaneous BBQ and we pulled out our bounce house, some music from my nephew’s pool party mix and even a Snowcone machine! So far Summer 2012 has been amaze-balls!
What are some of your Summer plans? Do you have a list of things you hope to experience over the next few months too? Comment and share them with us!