It’s not too late to create festive and beautiful decor for your 4th of July celebration this week! Since I didn’t have the chance to decorate my house for the holiday, I decided to give my guests a patriotic first impression! To do this, I created a wreath that shouts “USA” to adorn my front door!
To create this wreath you will need the following items, all of which may be available at your local craft store.
- A wreath
- Ribbon of various patriotic patterns/colors/widths
- Red & blue construction paper
- Coins, pearls, rhinestone or other decorations
- American flags
- Past 4th of July family photos (optional)
- Rubber cement
- Hot glue gun & glue
- Print out patriotic words/phrases on your computer and back them in colored paper.
- Glue ribbon and pearls, rhinestones, coins, etc onto the clothespins with hot glue.
- Hot glue ribbon and shells around the wreath.
- Attach the patriotic messages and any photos to the wreath using the adorned clothespins.
- Hot glue the posts of the American flags together in a criss-cross fashion.
- Use wider ribbon to make a large bow for the center of the wreath. Attach the American flags to the center of the bow using hot glue or ribbon.
- Make a long loop of ribbon and attach it to the large bow on the wreath for hanging.