- 2 bunches of cilantro
- chicken breasts, thighs and drumsticks
- chicken broth
- teriyaki sauce
- yellow chilli pepper
- salt and pepper
- Clean raw chicken and add to a ziplock bag with a little bit of teriyaki sauce to marinate with for at least a couple of hours.
- Pick off the cilantro leaves from the stems and collect into a large bowl, this can be a good way to get the kids involved. In a blender, combine 2 garlic cloves, half an onion, the cilantro leaves and yellow pepper. Mix. Add in about a cup of chicken broth. I usually eyeball this to get the consistency how I like it, not too watery but enough to keep the chicken moist. It’s best to start off thicker and add in the liquid if needed.
- In the meantime, saute half an onion and two more garlic cloves in a large saute pan. Add in the chicken until browned. Pour the cilantro mixture over the chicken and simmer. Add in a splash of hot sauce if desired.
- Serve chicken over rice with the cilantro mixture from the pan as dressing. It is divine!