The smell that was emitting from my oven while this dessert was baking was absolutely heavenly. It was almost hard to concentrate on anything other than the sweet apple-cinnamon buttery decadence baking in my oven. The good news is that it tasted just as good as I hoped. I just polished off a piece and had to lock my refrigerator door to keep myself from devouring the entire thing. Okay, I don’t have a lock on my fridge, but maybe I should get one. This apple crumble is addicting!
- 4-6 apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup instant or quick cook oatmeal
- Place sliced apples in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Mix cinnamon and flour together in bowl. Add butter, brown sugar and oatmeal to mix and mix thoroughly with a hand mixer.
- Add crumbly mixture to apples pressing down on top as crust.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.
- Serve with ice cream!
A special thank you to my sweet friend, Elisa for sharing her freshly-picked apples with me! Thank you to both Elisa and Mammy for sharing this incredible recipe! YUM!